smtp mail with attachment

Mark Pilgrim f8dy at my-deja.com
Tue Feb 6 09:29:39 EST 2001

In article <n6Tf6.5629$tv5.438444 at news.flash.net>,
  "Scott Hathaway" <slhath at home.com.nospam> wrote:
> How do I send an email with an attachment with python (I need a cross
> platform solution for Windows and Unix)?

Found this on the Python Knowledge Base (a wonderful resource, if you
don't know about it):
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/3992/fid/380

The post references a script available via FTP, but the URL is no
longer valid; here is the correct URL:
ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/python/mfetch.py

The script contains some Windows-specific stuff, but I believe the
class you want (SMTPWriter) is cross-platform.

Hope this helps.

-M
--
You're smart; why haven't you learned Python yet?
http://diveintopython.org/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/