Suffering For Your Art

Ben bencr at bigpond.com
Fri Feb 23 07:01:37 EST 2001

# Just A Quick Observation

Is it just me or is there a lot of animosity towards Python as a serious
programming language ... it seems to be an old school attitude that  if you
do not have to struggle and suffer with an idiosyncratic, unintuitive
programming syntax then it cannot possibly be a powerful language. All these
ascetics who would like to see everyone go back to the 'halcyon days' of
assembly ... IMHO I think Python is a marvellously eloquant and beautiful
language because it does not get in the road of programming. It pisses me
off if I have to consult a tome of a help file/manual to find some obscure
reference to do something that should have been quite simple ...

# Would Anyone Like To Comment?