Gratuitous Change (Was: Re: "in" operator for strings)

Neil Schemenauer nas at arctrix.com
Sat Feb 3 12:47:07 EST 2001

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 09:57:32AM -0600, Chris Gonnerman wrote:
> The "nested scopes" change (which as I understand it, creates
> namespaces for each function as it is called) is the only one I
> have heard about that I like, but frankly it isn't important
> enough to be worth putting up with all the other changes.

Can you give some examples of changes you have to "put up with"?
The only controversial changes in 2.1a2 that I know of are nested
scopes, function attributes and weak references.  The nested
scope changes are the only ones that affect existing code.  You
have to forgive me if I think your spreading FUD.

  Neil