Numerous file parsers vs. XML

Timothy Grant tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Mon Feb 19 18:33:19 EST 2001

Hi all,

I'm working on a project, and have been using a Python tool
called LParser. It works very well, and I have no complaints.
It is a tool for parsing an input file and returning a
dictionary of values.

I created a tool configuration file that LParser reads very
nicely and I can access all my configuration options for many
different sections through dictionary entries that are
themselves dictionaries (e.g., options['wltrakker']['application'])

I have recently been studying XML, and it looks like it would
be an excellent standardized tool for creating configuration
files.

Are there any XML modules available that would read and XML
configuration file for me and return a dictionary of the
contents?

Am I being silly and looking for a solution where I don't have
a problem?

As always, all input is greatly appreciated.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                         tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.                   (503) 246-3630