Beginning to learn python...help needed!

Martyn Quick mrq at for.mat.bham.ac.uk
Tue Feb 6 07:00:27 EST 2001

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Robert L Hicks wrote:

> "Python an Tkinter Programming" by John Grayson is an excellent work and has
> great info on Tkinter as well as PMW.

What's PMW?

We don't have this book in the library at the university where I
work.  (Indeed, I don't think we have any books on python in the
library!)  I looked on Amazon and saw that the book cost 31 pounds - which
I guess is fairly standard for computing books, but rather expensive for
my budget.  Are there any *very cheap* ways of learning about Tkinter?

> Hope this helps. The example was taken from "Learning to Program using
> Python" by A. Gauld. He also has a web site at:
>
> http://www.crosswinds.net/~agauld/
>
> I have found both to be extremely useful!

I've been looking at this website and found it very useful.

Martyn

Dr. Martyn Quick  (Research Fellow in Pure Mathematics)
University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK.
http://www.mat.bham.ac.uk/M.R.Quick