SocketServer inconsistencies

Jeff Epler jepler at inetnebr.com
Tue Feb 13 22:55:06 EST 2001

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:07:06 -0800, Daniel Klein
 <DanielK at jBASE.com> wrote:
>I am attempting to write some socket code which must be platform indepent
>and the following behavior indicates that I can't use the SocketServer
>module as I had hoped to do.

This error may mean that your Python installation is damaged, and/or
that Windows is brain damaged.

Google for "PYTHONCASEOK" and you'll find a solution to your problem.

As far as I know, the SocketServer module ought to work on Windows,
the problem is due to the case of the filename (socketserver.py vs
SocketServer.py) and the fact that the VFAT/FAT32 filesystem is
case-preserving but case-sensitive.  If you perform the suggested
web search, you can read more about it than you care to see.

Jeff