What to do after Python?

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Mon Feb 19 01:41:16 EST 2001

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 22:19:20 -0800, Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> wrote
in comp.lang.python in article <3A90BAE8.E09BB5FC at alcyone.com>:

:Jeff Petkau wrote:
:
:> I believe the current fashion recommends using std:: explicitly.
:
:It's required if the compiler supports namespaces as the Standard says
:it should.

You know, I use a compiler that supports namespaces. I use CodeWarrior Pro 5,
from MetroWerks. And we just put, near the top of the program, and usually
after the #include directives:

using namespace std;

and I do not have to put things like

std::cout << "some statement\n";

I just put

cout << "some statement\n";

It was explained to me, that by putting the statement

using namespace std;

in the program, I avoid the need to have to put the scope on each of these
elements? (I know this is very far off topic now, for this group...)

Here are further references on namespaces:

http://www.mvps.org/windev/cpp/nspaces.html
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/tut5-2.html
http://www.glenmccl.com/ns_comp.htm
http://www.cog.brown.edu/~rodrigo/c++mini-course/Namespaces.html