Vim and python efficiently

Viktor Lakics lakicsv at usa.net
Sat Feb 10 07:53:12 EST 2001

Hi All,

I would like to collect the tips, hints and macros, regarding how to edit python
sorce code in vim. I mean stuff like macros for commentify,
uncommentify, bracket and keyword autocomlpletion, python style
indenting,  etc. (I know that all this exist in IDLE, but I like vim
very much and I do not like to use different editors for different
languages...

I have my ideas and I gradually try to write my own macros, but this
will take a long time, cause I just started to use vim. Besides, I
do not want to reinvent the wheel, if it is possible..:-))

This info could go into a Python-vim howto someday, similar to the C
editing with vim HOWTO from Siddharth Heroor, which is an excellent
one!

So if anyone knows a pointer  or an existing howto, or have an idea or
a macro which he or she is willing to contribute, please let me
know...

Thanks in advance:

Viktor