Python program stopping execution wating for keypress

Syver Enstad syver at NOSPAMcyberwatcher.com
Wed Feb 21 07:38:44 EST 2001

I've experienced some strange behaviour from some Python console programs
that are running a long time. The incidents I can remember are all
multithreaded and uses win32com.

Some times the programs just stop in the middle of the execution,
essentially sleeping as they use no processor time. The times I've observed
this is on applications running in a console, so I tried pressing a key and
then the application starts executing again. Sometimes needing more than one
key press per run to keep it going.

Have anyone witnessed this behaviour, I would be glad to know.