[Distutils] Re: CPAN functionality for python - requirements

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Feb 27 13:08:03 EST 2001

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 09:30:13AM -0700, Evelyn Mitchell wrote:
>But it will also discover and resolve dependences in your perl
>site-packages, and automatically fetch them from your closest
>CPAN archive.

Not according to my tests the night before last.  I did a test CPAN
install of "News::Newsrc", which failed because the "make test" was
failing.  I then installed the "Set::BitSet" (?  Something like that)
module and tried News::Newsrc again and it worked...

Maybe this was just a fluke and News::Newsrc is the exception and/or
isn't used enough that people have gotten the prereqs right yet.  If
anyone knows for sure, I'm curious.

Sean
--
 The dude abides.