win98 spawnv vs execv

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at usa.net
Sun Feb 25 00:39:25 EST 2001

The exec family of functions terminate the Python interpreter and replace
it with the called program; spawnv starts an additional process.

os.execv() is a Unixism, used together with os.fork() to start new
processes.  My best guess is, PythonWin simply isn't designed to
"keel over" when os.execv() is called.

As the doctor says, if it hurts when you do that, don't do that.

BTW when you post to the list about error messages, you probably
should post at least the first sentence or two of the actual error message
*verbatim* as Windows has thousands of messages that don't always
mean what they say.