Alternative iterator syntax

Denys Duchier Denys.Duchier at ps.uni-sb.de
Wed Feb 21 17:39:05 EST 2001

qrczak at knm.org.pl (Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk) writes:

> 1. Design a simple iterator protocol and add methods like
>    xitems(), xkeys() and xvalues() which produce such iterators.

I completely agree with this suggestion.  I don't think that the hocus
pocus of magic attributes is a good semantic foundation for language
design.  This suggestion is simpler: it's business as usual with added
value.

In all other respects, the iterators idea is much more sensible than
the proposed `:' syntax extension.

Cheers,

Dr. Denys Duchier			Denys.Duchier at ps.uni-sb.de
Forschungsbereich Programmiersysteme	(Programming Systems Lab)
Universitaet des Saarlandes, Geb. 45	http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~duchier
Postfach 15 11 50			Phone: +49 681 302 5618
66041 Saarbruecken, Germany		Fax:   +49 681 302 5615