pythoncom.Missing vs. pythoncom.Empty

Syver Enstad syver at NOSPAMcyberwatcher.com
Tue Feb 20 16:07:10 EST 2001

Hi, what's the deal with pythoncom.Missing/Empty?

I've found while working with the MSMQ (MessageQueue) through COM on Win32
that default arguments don't work unless I change the definitions of
defaultNamedOptArg to pythoncom.Empty.

I am aware that the generated source states that there might be a reason to
try this, but why, and what is the difference between them? It would also be
very good to be able to specify in the gencache statement what to use for
the various values so that one wouldn't have to use custom edited genpy
files.