Using Python for Web development

David Fuess fuess at att.net
Sun Feb 11 23:28:31 EST 2001

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 13:28:22 +0100, Steve Purcell
<stephen_purcell at yahoo.com> wrote:

>billy_bill_1 at my-deja.com wrote:
>> I'm new to Python and so far I like what I see!
>
>Then you are a wise and discerning soul.
>
>> I would really like to
>> use it for web development as I'm currently using PHP and ASP and I'm a
>> bit sick of thier lack of good OO support and the c style syntax etc
>> etc (especially php).  PHP can be used as an apache module, can python
>> be used in this way too?  I don't want to have to deal with any of the
>> header information stuff as well like in PERL cgi scripts.  Any links
>> or information anyone can give me to get me on my way?
[snip]

I particularly like the Python web scripting that installs with
Win32Com extensions. Then, you can execute Python from within an ASP
file like this ...

<head>
<title>About Me</title>
</head>
<%@ Language=Python %>
<% url = Request.ServerVariables("PATH_INFO") %>
<h2>Current Document</h2>
<%
for key in Request.ServerVariables:
	print("%s=%s<br>"%(key,Request.ServerVariables(key))
%>