CPAN functionality for python

Chris Watson chris at voodooland.net
Tue Feb 27 03:00:40 EST 2001

> > I don't believe having the archive not able to deal with different package
> > formats is acceptable.  If that were the case, then if the package didn't
> > provide enough information to build an RPM, the user would have no option
> > within the archive of working around it.
>
> Agreed.  The submission should not be accepted if it does not contain
> enough information to be packaged.

	Not to toss a pebble in the still waters here. But it *might* be
worth the effort to work with or at least get idea's from the openpackages
people. Who are now wrestling with certain issues discussed here for
handling a common package system across several platforms. Just a thought.
Info can be found at http://www.openpackages.net.

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              scanner at jurai.net | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  scanner at deceptively.shady.org | http://open-systems.net
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"