parsing based on BNF?

Mike Fletcher mfletch at tpresence.com
Sat Feb 24 23:08:27 EST 2001

Hmm, that would be me, I think.  But it's a particular EBNF (there are lots
of EBNF formats), so some translation might still be required.  At present
it (SimpleParse) only allows for... trying to recall... I think it's LL(1)?
languages.  I don't work with SimpleParse much directly anymore (there are
problems with defining new languages related to reporting of failed groups.
I was given a patch for that but never had the time to thoroughly test and
revise the generator to take advantage of the fix.), I just use the VRML97
parser that it generates for me.

Might be useful to "Sean" (didn't see the original post) or not, see the
homepage at:

http://members.home.com/mcfletch/programming/simpleparse/simpleparse.html

Enjoy,
Mike