What to do after Python?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 18 06:03:53 EST 2001

"Erik Max Francis" <max at alcyone.com> wrote in message
news:3A8FA056.F7E767B4 at alcyone.com...
    [snip]
> > There are several possibilities, but I would suggest SQL as the second
    [snip]
> I think he meant programming languages, not database query languages or
> markup languages.

This is possible, but maybe (as long as we're reading his mind anyway:-)
by the 'programming' adjective (that he didn't use but you think he had
implied) he meant languages *used IN* programming -- and SQL and
XML (particularly the XSLT part thereof) then qualify again:-). That's why
I was suggesting them rather than, say, French, Esperanto, or Latin:-).

> Java or C++ would probably be up his alley, depending on exactly what he
> wanted to do with that further knowledge.

C++, IMHO, is somewhat too complicated even as a second programming
language; unless C++ is a specific requirement, Java is more approchable.

Alex