New Python-2.0 SRPM.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Feb 26 03:13:43 EST 2001

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 07:36:03PM +0000, Glenn W Jackman wrote:
>$ rpm --rebuild python-2.0-3tummy.src.rpm
>Installing python-2.0-3tummy.src.rpm
>only packages with major numbers <= 3 are supported by this version of RPM

Ahh, not following errata?  While you're there picking up the BIND
and other errata, you'll want to snag the latest RPM updates.  3.0.5
can deal with version 4 RPM files.  If you're using RedHat, you'll
find that at a mirror under "redhat/updates/<version>/<platform>".

The SRPMs were built on a RedHat 7.0-based box, but with the appropriate
errata applied you should be able to build them on a 6.x or lower machine
within reason.  If you run into problems, let me know -- I haven't
tested it on a pre-7 box.

Sean
--
 "Having computers is a lot like having kids, except it's not as much of a
 problem if they die while you're away."  -- Sean Reifschneider, 1997