PyQT problems...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 11 16:08:32 EST 2001

marco at crepido.com wrote:
> Hi all,

> I hope this is the right place to kindly ask for help.

> I have a problem with the Python bindings for QT. But I'm not
> sure if it is a QT or Python problem...

> When I run a pyQT program that uses signals and slots (about 99.99%
> do...)
> Python complains about the signal being of the wrong type to match
> the slot.

> I tried several PyQT programs and they all behave the same.

> Example error message running Eric...

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/eric/eric.py", line 23,
> in ?
>     mw = UserInterface(dbs,prog)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/eric/UserInterface.py",
> line 53, in __init__
>     self.connect(openAct,SIGNAL('activated()'),self.handleOpen)
> RuntimeError: Signal has wrong argument types for slot

> Have anyone seen this error and knows what to do about it??

Most likely self.handleOpen isn't defined as:

class ...
  def handleOpen(self)

but has zero or more than one arguments. There are certainly no
problems at all using signals and slots in PyQt: look at the example
scripts, or my work (http://www.valdyas.org/python), or my article
on the subject in January's Dr Dobbs.

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org