urlopen and timeout

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Feb 7 18:10:32 EST 2001

A case for Tom O'Malley's timeoutsocket module. You can set a default
timeout on sockets before you try to connect on them, which even works when
the socket connection is made inside a library routine.

Take a look at

    http://www.timo-tasi.org/python/timeoutsocket.py

regards
 Steve
--
Tools, training and technology to help you meet your information needs

news:rekg6.522$853.6664 at vixen.cso.uiuc.edu...