Python and postgreSQL ??

Gerhard Häring gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de
Wed Feb 14 05:00:34 EST 2001

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:54:55 +0100, Steve Purcell wrote:
>Pablo Prieto wrote:
>> I'd like to connect with PostgreSQL via Python. The program is in Windows
>> (now), but will be executed, in few months, in Linux. I know I can use ODBC,
>> but is there a Library or so that I can use in both OS', by meant to make
>> the code 100% portable?
>
>There's a note about PyGreSQL on Windows at FAQTS.com:-
>
>  http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/1420/fid/278

PyGreSQL is the only one from the 3 Postgres Python interfaces available
that I could build on Windows. The other two were too unixoid. And it's also
the original, which is included in the Postgres distribution. The PyGreSQL
web site at druid.net is currently only showing the default Apache docs. I
hope they will be back soon.

In the meantime you can still use the Windows version from my homepage (it's
a superset of the source distribution with a few patches from my part).

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de
web:    http://highqualdev.com