a better getopt than getopt.py?

Timothy Grant tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Tue Feb 20 11:54:49 EST 2001

I recently went through a very similar experience with getopt,
though I was working on subclassing a class that handled
command line arguments (getopt proved to be completely
unsuitable for that task).  I turned to t module I found on
Parnassus called cmdline.py. It works beautifully, as expected,
and the implementation is much more readable than the similar
getopt version.

for some reason it doesn't show up in a Parnassus search for
some reason it doesn't show up in a search for cmdline.py, but
it does show up as one of about three hits in a search for
getopt.