Using win32Com with Internet Explorer

David Fuess fuess at att.net
Tue Feb 20 23:25:39 EST 2001

Now trhat I've had a day to think about it, I must respectfully
disagree. I think the one, and only, thing you can count on is the
Pyrhon libraries. The urllib has a FancyOpener that understands
proxies and is simple and stable. IE is neither simple nor stable
particularly as you never know what version will be installed on the
target machine. Further, httplib and htmllib give you complete control
over the decoding of the web pages.

I use the same code on Windows,  UNIX, and Macintosh systems. Neither
UNIX nor the Mac have IE, yet all were capable of retrieving and
decoding web pages with no changes in the code. If you write in COM
you are restricted to Windows platforms only.

Dave