PyQT problems...

marco at crepido.com marco at crepido.com
Sun Feb 11 07:02:54 EST 2001

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to kindly ask for help.

I have a problem with the Python bindings for QT. But I'm not
sure if it is a QT or Python problem...

When I run a pyQT program that uses signals and slots (about 99.99%
do...)
Python complains about the signal being of the wrong type to match
the slot.

I tried several PyQT programs and they all behave the same.

Example error message running Eric...

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/eric/eric.py", line 23,
in ?
    mw = UserInterface(dbs,prog)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/eric/UserInterface.py",
line 53, in __init__
    self.connect(openAct,SIGNAL('activated()'),self.handleOpen)
RuntimeError: Signal has wrong argument types for slot

Have anyone seen this error and knows what to do about it??

My world:
- Python 2.1a2
- QT 2.2.4
- PyQT 2.4