CPAN functionality for python

ssthapa at cs.uchicago.edu ssthapa at cs.uchicago.edu
Sun Feb 11 09:06:37 EST 2001

  I've created a sort of proof of concept that implements something
similar to perl's CPAN.  Right now, it allows basic user interaction
and should be able to download and install modules.
  At this point, I want to know whether I should continue on this. Also
and possibly more importantly, I would like to know if there is any place
to discuss formats for holding information about packages and other similar
information.  I have some ideas floating around but would like to get other
opinons and it seems like the Catalog-SIG is inactive.  If there is enough
positive feedback, I'll open up a project on Sourceforge and put my
code up there.  Any comments, suggestions, or help on where to go from here
would also be appreciated.

Suchandra Thapa                       | "There are only two kinds of math .
s-thapa-11 at alumni.uchicago.edu        | books. Those you cannot read beyond