nested scopes

Darren New dnew at san.rr.com
Tue Feb 6 13:19:16 EST 2001

D-Man wrote:
> Do you know of any situations where it would be advantageous to have
> dynamic scoping instead of static scoping?  (Note that I'm not asking
> for situations where dynamic scoping exists, but where it would be
> better)

My understanding is that it was more an artifact of the implementation of
LISP than it was a desirous effect. It might be better if you're trying to
form closures or do funky macro stuff or something, but I'm not sure.

--
Darren New / Senior MTS & Free Radical / Invisible Worlds Inc.
San Diego, CA, USA (PST).  Cryptokeys on demand.