Python and GTK

Jay O'Connor joconnor at cybermesa.com
Sat Feb 3 14:09:14 EST 2001

D-Man wrote:

> I haven't had problems on my system.  It looks like _gtkmodule.so (the
> C shared library part of the GTK bindins) makes a reference to the
> symbol GTK_TYPE_GDK_COLOR.  Do you have GTK installed on the system?
>
> I think this is a problem with the C libraries and ld's config on your
> system.

I figured out the problem.  I had tried to run configure and make and
make install before all the base gtk stuff was installed and something
go built improperly that didn't get rebuilt properly later.

I just deleted the whole pygtk installed directory and untarred it again
and re rean the install and now it works fine

Thanks

--
Jay O'Connor
joconnor at cybermesa.com
http://www.cybermesa.com/~joconnor

"God himself plays the bass strings first when He tunes the soul"