SSL EOF

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Thu Feb 1 18:28:53 EST 2001

[Ng Pheng Siong]
> So, in M2Crypto, ssl_read() does return a '' on eof;

The good news is that it will in Python 2.1a2 also (to be released
tomorrow).  However, the more we (Jeremy, Guido, me) looked at Python's SLL
support, the more questionable code we found.  Alas, not being experts in
this protocol, we're unlikely to fix it.  So we would be grateful for a
patch against CVS Python for doing this stuff more intelligently, including
corresponding repairs to the httplib.py code that uses it.

"case 6:"-brrrrrrrr-ingly y'rs  - tim