Splitting up pickle files?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Feb 27 11:56:27 EST 2001

piet at cs.uu.nl wrote:

> If there are so many interconnections and one gets corrupted, would
> the
> others not be useless then?

The interconnections are mostly treated as non-modifiable references, so
in the general case, no.  Certainly something could get thoroughly
corrupted and destroy everything, but that isn't very likely.

I know that when pickling a set of objects to one Pickler instance, the
pickler is smart enough to know when it's already pickled an object (by
identity) and doesn't pickle it multiple times, instead pickling further
references to it.  I'm just wondering if there's a way to get that
behavior across multiple pickle files.

/  \ There is nothing stronger in the world than gentleness.
\__/ Han Suyin
    Alcyone Systems' CatCam / http://www.catcam.com/
 What do your pets do all day while you're at work?  Find out.