Anyone know of a way to get non-blocking keyboard input?

Jeremy Reed jpreed00 at MailAndNews.com
Tue Feb 27 15:04:02 EST 2001

I am looking to create a telnet client that will, by using the select()
statment, poll an open socket for data to be received while at the same time
keep accepting keyboard input from the user.

I have tried to run a thread in the background that collects input, but I
never can figure out how to achieve the 'fluidity' that I desire--i.e. no
stopping for a return-key press.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.  Please, in addition to posting your
answer in this newsgroup, email me a copy of your reply to
jp_reed at yahoo.com.

Best regards,

Jeremy Reed