Python 2.0 and Tcl/Tk 8.3.2?

Tom Bryan TBryan at UTS.Itron.com
Sun Feb 25 16:32:58 EST 2001

I am upgrading our Python installation at work (on Tru64 UNIX boxes).  We
were still running Python 1.5.2 and Tcl/Tk 8.0.5.  I'm installing Python-2.0,
but I'm not sure which version of Tcl/Tk I should grab for Tkinter.  After
some searching on Google, I saw some mention of problems with using Tcl/Tk 8.3
with Python.

Any suggestions?  Should I stick with an 8.2 release of Tcl/Tk, or is the
most recent Tcl/Tk 8.3 release stable enough to use with Python-2.0?

Since I recently convinced our QA department that they should all be using
Python and recommended that they use Idle so that they can have a consistent
environment between their PCs and the UNIX machines, I want to make sure that
everything runs smoothly.

it-won't-be-long-before-I-show-them-jython-ly yours

---Tom