MySQLdb on a VPS...

Chris Watson chris at voodooland.net
Sat Feb 3 00:49:48 EST 2001

> I'm at a total loss here and desperately need help!!! I'm trying to install
> the MySQLdb module but this is what I get... (running FreeBSD4.2 on a VPS,
> note my "/usr/home/axiomfir/" prefix to all folder listings)

Trace,

	If your on FreeBSD why dont you just use the py-MySQLdb port?

cd /usr/ports/databases/py-MySQLdb
make install
make clean

	And thats it. It's already been ported. Is there a reason the port
wont work in your scenario?

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              scanner at jurai.net | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  scanner at deceptively.shady.org | http://open-systems.net
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"
GNU = Gnu's Non-portable & Unstable
irc.openprojects.net #FreeBSD -Join the revolution!
ICQ: 20016186