XML Schema?

Harry George hgg9140 at cola.ca.boeing.com
Mon Feb 19 15:28:41 EST 2001

Martin von Loewis <loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de> writes:

> Harry George <hgg9140 at cola.ca.boeing.com> writes:

> > That would hook into IBM's significant C++/Java XML-oriented
> > releases.
>
> I guess Xerces C++ would not hook very much into Java releases...

What I meant was that IBM is pouring money into XML, using C++ and
Java as the proof-of-concept languages.  It would be easy for python
to fall off the leading edge if they got too far out there.  Binding
directly to the C++ library keeps that connection.

Not that I approve of all this churning of standards.  XML was meant
to be simple -- and it was until business people figured out they
could get lockin with complex standards.

> It's also open for debate what you'd gain from using that XML parser,
> compared to, say, Expat.

Expat has XML Schema and UDDI?

Harry George                E-mail:  harry.g.george at boeing.com
The Boeing Company          Renton:  (425) 237-6915
P. O. Box 3707  02-CA       Everett: (425) 266-3868
Seattle, WA 98124-2207      Page:    (425) 631-8803