speed comparison of IDL, numPy, Matlab

Carsten Geckeler nospam at no.spam
Thu Feb 8 18:27:45 EST 2001

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Mark Hadfield wrote:
[snip]

> Speaking as a long-time IDL user who has dabbled with Matlab & Python/NumPy,
> I'd love to switch to NumPy, and I'd do it tomorrow if the graphics
> capabilities were there.

Although I haven't tried it myself yet, there was mentioned a package
collection called PyDL just a few days ago on this list.  The URL is

http://nickbower.com/computer/pydl

Ciao, Carsten
--
Carsten Geckeler:  carsten dot geckeler at gmx dot de
To get proper email-address replace `dot' and `at' by the corresponding symbols.