Python, Access and win32com

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Feb 23 01:11:02 EST 2001

Will Newton <will at nospam.misconception.org.uk> wrote:

>I have been struggling to get MS Access 97 and the JET database engine to
>work with Active State Python and the win32com extensions.
>
>If I run daodump.py I get the following error:
>
>(Unfortuantely ASPython doesn't seem to have saved the log, why, I have no
>idea)
>
>com_error(-(a large number, INT_MAX?),CLASS_E_NOTLICENSED...)

It's not INT_MAX; CLASS_E_NOTLICENSED is Win32 error code 0x80040112.

This error says that either Access was not installed on your machine, or
the DAO DLLs were not properly registered.  This can happen if you do a
brain transplant to copy one hard disk to another, and you don't get the
registry quite right.

Does Access run standalone?
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.