CGIHTTPServer

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Sat Feb 10 17:56:49 EST 2001

I find Zope an easy to deploy alternative for simply running
scripts under NT.  Download and install the Zope software.
I generally install it to run as a service under NT.  Browse
to the manage interface, set up a new user with Owner and
Manager roles selected (highlight them in the list). Put a
sample.py in the extensions directory, something like:

def sample(self, REQUEST=REQUEST):
    "function doc string required by zope"
    return "There's no such thing as the P.S"

Then, sign back in to manage Zope as the new user.  Add a
new external method and specify sample for each of the
fields.

Now you should be able to browse to http://localhost/sample
and see the return value.  Changes to your function are
reflected immediately by Zope without further intervention.
I sometimes need to go into zope and update the external
method, but I'm unclear as to what kind of changes require
this (cache/reload?).

I'm not sure if this is what you were after, but perhaps it
helps.

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com

"Röschmann, Thies" <TRoeschmann at ohltec.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> How can I configure my own CGIHTTPServer from
Python1.5.2-Lib to run my