sys.path and the Windows registry

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Fri Feb 16 18:53:46 EST 2001

Owen F. Ransen wrote:

> I'm just starting out with Python and have some simple
> modules in a directoryb which is not on the sys.path.
>
> I hoped that if I edited the registry and added my new
> extra source file path I'd then see the new files in the
> path browser (GUI Python 2).
>
> I can't though, what am I missing?

Create a new _subkey_ under the main PythonPath entry, calling it anything you like.  Add your new path as the default value for this new key.

The main PythonPath entry is reserved for the Python core, and it may choose to ignore it if it can find its own core.

Mark.

--
Nominate Your Favorite Programmers
for the Perl and Python Active Awards!