input() vs. raw_input()

timin at homeSPAMNOT.com timin at homeSPAMNOT.com
Mon Feb 26 10:07:08 EST 2001

For console input to an executing program, I find that raw_input("prompt")
works very well.  In fact it works the way I would have expected
input("prompt") to work.  The latter, however, seems to funtion as if the
input text is part of a program being compiled.  Can someone explain what is
going on here, and why "raw" is part of the name?

--
"Always yield to temptation, because it may not pass your way again."