New guy question

Gillou glenfant at equod.com.nospam
Sun Feb 18 11:13:50 EST 2001

What distro (BeOpen, Activestate, Pythonware) ?
What version (1.5.2, 2.0) ?

AFAIK, after installing python 2.0 from the official site www.python.org you
should have IDLE in the Python group when clicking "start>program".
You can have a free 100% Windows IDE from Activestate (www.activestate.com).
python.exe is the interactive Python console.
pythonw.exe is the run-time for Windows.
With this, you can run python scripts you write with any text editor.

"glen mettler" <glen.mettler at home.com> a écrit dans le message news:
1104_982506707 at cc462845-a...
> I just downloaded Python.  I am trying to start the windows version and
nothing happens.  The EXE files available are PYTHON.EXE,