help with process monitoring using python

bashar A. Asad baasad at qualitynet.net
Fri Feb 2 18:55:00 EST 2001

hello ;
since am new to python I would like to start my experience with a small
project that will my life easier.  I would like to connect to a remote linux
machines and check for a certain process "may be useing a system command is
their something like that in python??" eg. httpd if its up or not if it is
up the program will produce an activity file or whatever... I have no idea
how to start working on that in python..any hints guys :)
thanx

bashar