Zlib header removal

Bryan Mongeau bryan at eevolved.com
Thu Feb 15 20:03:49 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm implementing an encrypted network protocol in which it is clear that
both parties will be using zlib as the compression mechanism.  It would be
beneficial to remove the zlib compression header from the the compressed
plaintext prior to encryption, to avoid possible known plaintext attacks.
Is there a way to do this? The zlib module doesn't explain the header well.
Can I just chop off a specific number of bytes from the beginning? If so
how many?

Thanks.
--
Bryan Mongeau

"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."-- Einstein