Curses for Win32?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 12:18:35 EST 2001

"Radovan Garabik" <garabik-news at spam.melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk> wrote in
message news:982855925.989488 at cdwork.cvt.stuba.sk...
> Adam Lock <locka at iol.ie> wrote:
>  : I have a Python 2.0 program that uses Tkinter and curses for display.
It
>  : works fine on Unix because there is a curses package but not on Win32
>  : because there isn't. Perversely even MacPython 2.0 has a curses
package!

>  : Does anyone know if a curses package exists for Win32? I would even be
>  : happy if it compiled but didn't function since I want will be using the
>  : Tkinter UI anyway.
>
> well, I am not going to answer this for the third time :-)
> (not that I would not want to, but I do not have the URL
> readily accessible just now) serach the archive for "pdcurses"

Haven't tried it, but,
http://www.mikroplan.com.pl/~mak/python/files/curses_src.zip
appears to be a zipfile containing a C source (to be compiled
to yield a for-Python module) and a curses.py module (that is
presumably meant to go with that extension module).  There
is a binary archive too, but I don't know what Python version
it is for.

Alex