while loop with f.readline()

Sean Reifschneider jafo-pythonlist at tummy.com
Thu Feb 15 19:04:19 EST 2001

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 01:22:39PM +0000, Jeff Epler wrote:
>I'd say, "xreadlines will never hold more than a few KB of the file
>in memory", but that's wrong if you have a file with a multi-megabyte line.

Say "xreadlines()" will never hold more than a single line of the file in
memory.  Note the implications if you feed it a file with multi-megabyte
line(s).

Sean
--
 I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking
 up something and finding something else on the way.  -- Franklin P. Adams