Interested in a Crypto-SIG?

Jürgen A. Erhard juergen.erhard at gmx.net
Tue Feb 6 19:11:07 EST 2001

    A> On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 20:19:02 +0100,
    A> 	Michael Ströder <michael at stroeder.com> wrote:
    >> <P>The list is hosted inside the US, as are its archives, so
    >> to avoid falling afoul of the US export restrictions, it's
    >> recommended that postings not contain complete programs or modules.
    >>
    >> This does not attract me very much.

    A> Given the relaxing of US export laws last year, this text is
    A> really no longer necessary, and I should edit the list
    A> description accordingly.  (Shows how much time I spend on
    A> crypto these days...)

It's not export *laws* it's just the *regulations* of the *current*
Administration.

And, as we all know, the Administration just changed...

I'm not expecting too much good from *that* guy.  And I'd *certainly*
wait with moving in crypto-related matters until those regulations had
turned into real, Senate/HR-fortified, law.

Sorry if I spoiled you day,

Bye, J

--
Jürgen A. Erhard    juergen.erhard at gmx.net   phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326