How to exit Python nicely after error in embedded C code?

Louis Luangkesorn lluang at northwestern.edu
Tue Feb 27 09:43:52 EST 2001

(I'm asking this out of complete ignorance, obviously)
In this situation (error occurs in a C function that is called by other C
functions which are called by Python), would having the original C call from
Python in a try...except block catch the exception?  (I'm just learning how to
do this, in both C++ and Python, but I have not done this in real life yet.  It
seems like a nice, cheap way of using exceptions in C, just call everything from
Python :-)

Louis

--
K Louis Luangkesorn