ADO/ODBC call via Python/IIS

Bill Seitz fluxent at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 17:40:14 EST 2001

Well, it's a User DSN. Do you know that ASP expects a system DSN?

And, I'm not clear on what a DSN-less connection is. Does this mean
that I don't set up an ODBC source at all, but just pass all the
connection details along in a code call? If so, do I need to use a
different COM object (see my original posting for code), or just call
the same object with a bigger set of params? (Sorry, I'm new at this,
probably need some additional books of examples...)

In article <%FGe6.31314$Ch.7369562 at newsrump.sjc.telocity.net>,
  "dsavitsk" <dsavitsk at e-coli.net> wrote:
> > >         adoConn.Open('pyasp')
>
> > Is it possobile pyasp is a user DSN, when ASP expects systems DSNs?
>
> if this is the issue, asp and python work well (faster in fact on a
web
> server) with dsn-less connection strings.
>
> ds

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/