python interpreter in smalltalk

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sun Feb 18 03:33:11 EST 2001

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:41:01 GMT, Keith Ray
<k1e2i3t4h5r6a7y at 1m2a3c4.5c6o7m> wrote:

>> I tried this, although using Squeak Smalltalk not Dolphin Smalltalk.
>> I never finished the project but there's a partially working parser
>> which I could share.
>>
>> bye
>> --
>> Stefan Matthias Aust____Truth until Paradox!____________________
>>      Jobs? ==> jobs at baltic-online.de   www.baltic-online.de
>
>I have the desire to see Python running inside Squeak
><http://www.squeak.org/>.

Keith,

I've up my sources for an unfinished python parser to
www.3plus4.de/squeak.  Feel free to use is a foundation for a real
Python system.  I think, this wouldn't be that difficult.  When I
started, I mostly ignored the runtime system but reading the Python
specification I did find anything which couldn't implemented in
Smalltalk.

bye