Curses for Win32?

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Wed Feb 21 22:32:46 EST 2001

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 11:04:09PM +0000, Adam Lock wrote:
| I have a Python 2.0 program that uses Tkinter and curses for display. It
| works fine on Unix because there is a curses package but not on Win32
| because there isn't. Perversely even MacPython 2.0 has a curses package!
|
| Does anyone know if a curses package exists for Win32? I would even be

Check out cygwin -- a POSIX emulation layer on top of windows.  It has
ncurses.  If you can compile python using the cygwin tools you will
have a functioning curses library.

| happy if it compiled but didn't function since I want will be using the
| Tkinter UI anyway.

If it doesn't function, and you are using TKinter why do you need
curses to exist?  If it causes the import to fail, put the import in a
if statement, or a try-except block.

HTH,
-D