Pyt;hon 2.1a2 compile problems

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g at virginia.edu
Tue Feb 6 09:36:00 EST 2001

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001 sgriggs at pobox.com wrote:

> Is anyone else having problems getting Python 2.1a2 to compile on
> Solaris? I'm using Solaris 2.8 with GCC 2.95.2 and just can't seem to
> get it to work. I can compile Python 2.0 on this same box. I'm just
> wondering if it's just me at this point. Thanks.

There have been a lot of changes to the Makefile, Setup and the
rest of the build process -- and besides, this is an alpha release.

Odds are it's not just you.

How about some details about how exactly it doesn't compile ?

What is it doing differently at the point of failure than what
it did building 2.0 ?

You could also check the bug tracker at:
	http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=5470
to see if it's already been reported (and if not, post it there).

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g at Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---
		"All operating systems want to be unix,
		 All programming languages want to be lisp."