What to do after Python?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Feb 19 02:16:42 EST 2001

Johann Hibschman wrote:

> Well, mine's a bit more efficient, since it doesn't have to maintain
> the loop variable i, it doesn't have to call the function vec.length()
> at each iteration, and it doesn't have to do the full operator[]
> calculation.  It just steps along both of them.
>
> But phooey on that!  It's bit-twiddling like that which drives me mad
> while writing C++.  :-(

The real reason for going through all the trouble to write that all out
is now that you're using Standard C++ iterators, they will work with
_any_ Standard container.  Not just std::vector, but anyone at all.

/  \ My life was better before I knew you.
\__/ Edith Wharton (to Morton Fullerton)
    REALpolitik / http://www.realpolitik.com/
 Get your own customized newsfeed online in realtime ... for free!